Fixing Bathroom Clogs
The bathroom is one of the essential rooms in a home, and it is crucial to the comfort of everyone in the house. However, the bathroom could become unusable as a result of Clogged Drains. When the sink, toilet or shower gets clogged, there is need to get rid of the clogs and let the bathroom resume its functionality again.
Related Article: How to Clean Your Drain
Items that Clog Sinks, Toilets, And Showers
Knowing the things that clog these bathroom items is a basis for preventing clogging and removing them when the sink, toilet or shower gets backed up.
1. Items that Clog Sinks
The things that clog the sinks include soap, floss, toothpaste, skin flakes, hair, emollients, and moisturizers that either turn into scum or go down the sink in smaller components.
A professional will first assess the condition of the drain and the problems caused by the clog. A video inspection may be carried out using a small camera to detect the location where the blockage exists and the materials that formed the clog. The plumber can take steps towards removing the clogs having discovered its location.
2. Items that Clog Showers
Body care products and processes that end up in the showers tend to block the drains one day. The items that clog the showers include soap, skin flakes, shampoo and conditioner, hair, emollients and
moisturizers, and body wash.
3. Items that Clog Toilets
Many items are not meant for the toilet bowl not to mention flushing them down the drain. The items that should not get into the toilet include female hygiene products, dental floss, face wipes, hair, moist wipes, scrub pads, cotton swabs, diapers and baby wipes, and toys.
Related Article: Tips for Preventing Toilet Clogs
How to Fix Bathroom Clogs
The techniques or procedures for fixing clogs depend on the cause and the material that is clogged. Here are the methods for removing clogs:
1. How to Fix Sink Clogs
1. Remove the stopper and clean with hot water to remove soap scum, hair, and gunk.
2. Use a plunger to unblock the sink.
3. Remove and clean the drain trap under the sink.
4. Create a volcanic effect in the drain by pouring a cup of distilled white vinegar and a half cup of baking soda into the drain. Replace the plug immediately and leave it for about 30 minutes. Remove the plug and flush with hot water. However, if the sink remains clogged, do not apply a commercial drain cleaner
to avoid a dangerous chemical reaction.
2. How to Fix Toilet Clogs
1. Use a plunger in the toilet and flush only after plunging.
2. Break the clog by a snake.
3. If the plunger and snake fail, hire a plumber for effective clog removal. You would need Drain Cleaning services such as drain snaking for effective clog removals.
2. How to Fix Shower Clogs
The major cause of shower clogs is hair. Buy a hair trap to reduce frequent clogging.
Use the same clogs removal methods for sinks and toilets.
We are a locally owned and operated plumbing company, providing residential and commercial owner plumbing services. We specialize in Drain Repair, Drain Cleaning, Basement Waterproofing, Sump Pump Installation, Clogged Toilets and more. Our team at Draintony is dedicated to providing you premier plumbing quality and premier plumbing services.