INTERIOR WATERPROOFING TORONTO STARTS AT $70 PER LINEAR FOOT
INTERIOR WATERPROOFING TORONTO
Leaks inside basement or wet basement waterproofing; is a matter of major concern for any homeowner. And warning sign for Toronto Homes of interior/internal waterproofing.
The presence of moisture will lead to a range of expensive; and also time-consuming waterproofing repairs.
From the creation of toxic molds to structural damage of your house; basement leaks inside will almost always turn out to be a major issue.
Moreover, whether you are designing a new basement; or remodeling an existing one into a family space consider waterproofing it. Keeping your basement dry, healthy and safe is of the main importance. So you must ensure that your home’s structural integrity is not compromised.
Wet basement can radically affect any home foundation. And it will lead to cracks along wall surface and floors. So, it’s a very good idea to set up a inside basement waterproofing system for water control; before these damaging and costly effects show up.
Sadly, wet basements happen; and basement water control is necessary.
So, if you don’t act quickly they can cause a lot of expensive damage to your home. Issues like persistent moisture and also decaying wood will not only jeopardize the structural integrity of your Toronto home; but also will create a pleasing environment to pests like cockroaches and termites. And can cause a variety of serious health problems. However, these issues can be avoided with interior/internal basement waterproofing system.
Work that is done on the outside of the home; this is what most people imagine when they think about internal waterproofing. And it makes sense. Even to someone that has never seen or done basement waterproofing work. That in somehow sealing the basement from the outside; will be the best possible way to keep the water out. Probably, they are right in many instances.
But, of course, modern methods have provided us with the opportunity for interior waterproofing in Toronto.
Our internal/interior basement waterproofing system will catch any water entering your home; and redirect it away from your home. In Toronto; this system includes the installation of weeping tile; Delta MS membrane and the installation of a sump pump also to protect your basement from leaks.
Water can certainly enter in the basement in many ways. From over the top of the foundation, through cracks in the wall or floor; through the cove joint and many other places. Occasionally a wet basement can be a sign that you are having open plumbing issues. Our team will help you find out not only where the water is coming from; but also what solution is best for a long-term fix.
When we prefer interior basement waterproofing in Toronto?
- Nearby houses. When the houses are too close to each other; and we do not have enough space for excavation from the outside.
- Internal/Interior basement waterproofing can also be done in any time of the year.
- Less expensive because no excavation outside; around the perimeter of the exterior wall is needed.
- In case of finished landscaping of the exterior side of the walls. Interior drainage waterproofing system can control water under your floor successfully; by removing groundwater before it even touches your floor. And, the good thing is that you won’t lose any of your outside landscaping.
- Benching and underpinned foundation needs internal waterproofing. Therefore, it is a must for every benched or underpinned foundation.
- Internal/Interior basement waterproofing comes free when doing concrete floor.
It is important to understand that basement waterproofing internally is not a simple task. Water coming in any
way into your basement will be devastating. Therefore, think about contacting our basement waterproofing professionals.
Identifying the leaks inside basement
Mainly, the homeowners know when they have a water problem in their basement. But they cannot really see where the water it is coming from.
Moreover, the first thought may be that the water is coming through the floor. But the real source of the leak can be coming from many other hidden sources like crack(s); foundation cracks, cove joint, leaky concrete and else. Water is tending to take the path of slightest resistance. In other words, the water in your basement isn’t always coming from the floor.
Once water enters your home it will likely go in again from the same precise spot. And our team of qualified and trained experts is able to identify these problems; and then present the best solution to waterproof your basement. Regardless of the source from where the water is coming into your home; we will provide a solution for dry basement every time.
What is causing moisture in the basement area?
When you want to understand the value of internal waterproofing; it’s very important to know what is exactly causing moisture. Because of the sole construction and nature of the basements; the particular space is generally prone to moisture.
These are some of the primary causes for basement moisture:
Clogged weeping tile
Weeping tile may become blocked by soil or tree roots. And when this happens; it can’t drain water away from your home as much as necessary. This moisture is pressing against the foundation of your home from the outside. And eventually at the end this will result in leak. Book Draintony for free basement waterproofing inspection; and stop any kind of water damage at your property.
Improper drainage and soil systems
When the rainwater and groundwater are not capable to drain properly; they can make their way into the basement area of your house. Poor drainage systems and also weak soil in the region of your home’s foundation; are one of the most general causes of moisture in the basement. And, when the water flow is not redirected away from home; it will then collect around the foundation. Through which it will flow into the basement’s absorbent floor and walls.
Poor insulation and condensation
Basements are well known to be infamously wet places. So, in case condensation occurs in your basement; it will lead to the creation of mildew and mold. And cause possible damage to any kind of surface; especially wood and drywall. Sooner you contact our Toronto based internal waterproofing technicians; you will keep away more damage at your property.
Cracks in the basement floor
Cracks tend to provide the ideal way through which the water can flow into the basement area from outside. And, the water is always finding the most open paths through areas of slightest resistance. So, the cracks in the basement serve up to be the most likely path for the water to get inside.
High water level or hydro-static pressure
A high water level is a point that represents the highest increase of a body of water over land.
Hydro-static pressure occurs when the water accumulates around the foundation of your house. The gravity is tending to push down the water; which will try to escape by pressure release. By itself, the water forces its own way into cracks on basement walls and floor; or the area where the wall and the floor summit. Actually, due to the increase of intense pressure; cracks will form all along the foundation walls and the floor of the basement.
Some leaks inside basement can cause health and safety risks. The water comes into contact with the electrical wiring or creates a mold problem. Mold thrives in wet basements. Especially in finished basements where it may grow on and behind damp drywall; carpeting and paneling.
Most common health problems that are caused by mold exposure are; fatigue, headaches, runny nose, eye irritation, cough, sneezing, congestion; worsening asthma and upper respiratory infections.
The warning signs of a potentially serious problem in your basement are:
- Mold, mildew, and musty odors
- Fungus on walls, floors, furniture and clothing.
- Damaged, deformed, or dry-rotting paneling. Or also drywall in the finished basements.
- Cracked, stained or discolored walls; and floors caused by water leaks.
- Wet or damp basement floors; walls and carpeting.
- Cracked or peeling paint or spray coat on basement walls.
- Also, the presence of spiders, termites; water bugs and other insects that are thriving on water.
- White powdery substance; or rust on floors and walls inside basement.
- Horrible odor coming from the basement.
- Spotting on the walls.
- Bowing walls.
- Electrical or structural damage.
- Water in the basement after snow or rain.
- Lifting Floor
- Rod Leaks
- Window Leaks
- Window Wells Leaks
- Beam Leaks
- Chimney Leaks
- Mortar Joints
- Moisture down the walls
- Humidity problem
The process of internal/interior waterproofing in Toronto:
- First, we brake, demolish and remove the concrete around the perimeter of the basement.
- Then excavate, trench and remove soil down to bottom of the footing.
- After that, we drill bleeders at the bottom of the wall; if the wall is build of cinder blocks.
- Next, installing weeping tile inside the excavated trench next to the footing surrounding with ¾ clear size gravel.
- Furthermore, connect the weeping tile into sump pit. Install a sump pump inside the pit with cover; and discharge outside to garden area, above grade. The installation of a sump pump is also as important as the drainage system itself. When installed correctly; it will remove approximately 45 gallons per minute.
- Install Delta MC Membrane surrounding the perimeter of the foundation walls. And run the membrane down to the weeping tile.
- Re-cement the excavated area
- Finally, clean up work area, remove and dispose all debris.
In conclusion, the Result
- Completely dry basement, healthier and also more enjoyable home for you and your family.
- The safety of knowing that your basement is structurally repaired; and with that the property value is restored.
- Enlarged living space with 25 years transferable warranty.
Contact our inside basement waterproofing experts for basement water control.
Drying a wet basement may seem like a huge task. But our skilled internal basement waterproofing technicians know what solution to use; and prevent the water from leaking into your basement. So, we will make sure that your basement is dry; and that it will stay that way years after our work is done.
Therefore, if you are a Toronto home owner, and have noticed any water in your basement or any of the problems above; don’t hesitate to contact us online. Or call our experts at 416-938-5102 to schedule an appointment. We offer free basement waterproofing quotes to homeowners in Toronto and the GTA.