Flooded homes can be compared with natural disasters. Although they are very rare, they can occur unexpectedly. Water damages can happen due to a variety of different reasons. A highly skilled and experienced staff is essential for dealing these situations at ease. Efficient service for water extracting, unit restores and drying all affected areas entirely is crucial.
There are numerous causes of water damages; rain water, local flooding, leaky roofs, overflowing toilet, burst water pipes, faulty water heater, and more. Therefore, if you leave these unchecked, the water will for sure destroy all of your belongings. In other words, the signs can be small; but, if you ignore them, you will end up with terrible disaster. Uncomplicated drying up is never enough when dealing with leakage or stagnant water in your house.
Water damage circumstances can be really irritating. Untreated water can lead to mold growth; which will cause severe health problems.
Tips to Protect Yourself through Water Damage
When dealing with affected property, you must be very precautious. It’s always better to contact an expert for the issue. Improper handling will lead to more serious issues. Let a certified and professional company like Draintony inspect your affected area.
However, you must follow several precautions when experiencing a water damage problem in your home:
If the water damage is caused by natural disaster; check for fallen power lines.
1. Do not enter in the affected place
2. If the water damage is caused by natural disaster; check for fallen power lines.
3. If it’s possible, disconnect the power prior entering a flooded property.
4. Remove the water as much as you can by mopping
5. Damage from the water and bacteria growth will begin in hours; so qualified help is very important
6. Don’t use everyday household vacuum for removing water
7. Electric appliances are not supposed to be used on wet carpet and wet floor
8. If the power is still on, do not enter in rooms with standing water
9. The wet fabrics should be removed and dried as soon as possible
10. Dry leather goods at room temperature
11. Move art objects, photos and paintings to a safe dry location
12. Increase drying. Keep open closet doors, luggage and furniture drawers
13. Try to avoid contact with sewage-contaminated items. If you must handle them, wear protective clothes, boots and gloves.
14. Be cautious when walking form carpet to cemented surfaces. They can be slippery.
15. Do not consume any food left out in the contaminated environment
16. Be cautious of electricity. Don’t use TV or any appliances while they stand on wet floor or carpet.
17. Avoid using fans for drying out things
18. Stay away if you have respiratory problems like allergies, asthma, etc.
What Draintony Can Do For You?
Standing water is the apparent sign of water damage in your property. The unique service group of technicians from www.draintony.com is well prepared with the latest equipment for removing stagnant water. Draintony Company will provide you
- Immediate response.
- A team of highly trained and also certified water restoration specialists.
- Most trusted and specialized leader in water damage restoration industry; and handling large water losses.
Moreover, Draintony service will not end when the drying process is finished. The technicians will focus on reducing and also avoiding further damage to your belongings and property. Avoiding mold growth is essential. This is because we focus on your well-being; and we always aim to present you a safe environment.
In conclusion, solve your water damage problems as soon as possible. Late or incorrect service will lead you to a bigger problem. All through emergency situations, immediate awareness is required. And the cost of untreated water damage is extremely brutal. For that reason, call a certified professional company like Draintony. Besides the tips to protect yourself through water damage; we are using most advanced equipment in this field. We are also committed in providing a service with superior quality. Our customers will never experience careless and poor job from us. We will provide 100% satisfaction to every single client.