BASEMENT FLOODING SUBSIDY PROGRAM TORONTO -CITY REBATES – UP TO $3,400.00
Sump Pump Rebates $1,750.00
Backwater Valve Rebates $1,250.00
Downspout Rebates – $400.00
Toronto Basement Rebates are available for every home in Toronto, is your home at risk of a flooded basement? Water in your basement is most likely to occur during a heavy rainfall or when snow and ice is melting. Even if you haven’t experienced basement flooding in your home, it’s important to take appropriate action to reduce the risk of basement flooding.
The city of Toronto Basement Rebates it’s offered through Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy Program, to help Toronto homeowners protect their basement from flooding and get rebates for doing that. Homeowners of single-family, duplex, and triplex residential homes in Toronto are eligible for a financial subsidy of up to 3,400 per property to install flood protection devices such as; Sump Pump and Backwater Valve.
Which basement waterproofing rebates you can get, and through which services in Toronto are eligible for the rebate / subsidy program?
we install flood protection devices and prepare the subsidy forms for Toronto homeowners, contact us for free quote.
BASEMENT WATERPROOFING REBATES ELIGIBLE SERVICES
Homeowners are eligible basement rebates in Toronto for backwater valve installation. This means the installation or replacement of backwater valve and installation of alarm for backwater valve.
The available subsidy is 80% of the invoiced cost up to a maximum of $1,250 regardless of how many devices are installed in the home which also includes eligible labour, materials, permit and taxes.
There are two requirements needed in order to be eligible for the subsidy: a building permit and the backwater valve must pass inspection by the City of Toronto building inspector.
Homeowners are eligible for sump pump installation. This means the installation or replacement of sump pump, installation of alarm for sump pump, and installation of back-up power for sump pump.
The available subsidy is 80% of the invoiced cost up to a maximum of $1,750 regardless of how many devices are installed in the home which also includes eligible labor, materials, permit and taxes.
Homeowners are eligible for weeping tile installation. However; this means the disconnection of foundation drains (weeping tiles) from the sewer system by evening and capping the underground sewer connection.
The available subsidy is 80% of the invoiced cost up to a maximum of $400 which includes eligible labor, materials, permit and taxes.
TORONTO REBATE / SUBSIDY PROGRAM CONDITIONS
- First of all, You are a registered owner of a single-family, duplex, and triplex residential home within the City of Toronto.
- Secondly; The home hasn’t exceeded the lifetime maximum subsidy amount for each eligible installation.
- Above all; The basement rebates / subsidy program is only available to existing homes.
- The downspouts from the home’s eavestrough must be disconnected from the City of Toronto’s sewer system or you’ve applied for an exemption.
- The front yard paved areas of your home including parking pads must comply with the City of Toronto’s zoning by-law requirements.
- You most certainly need to submit your application within one year of completion of the installation.
- Your contractor(s) who performed the installation must have a valid license from the City of Toronto for the installation work, at the time of installation.
- You need to provide original invoices from the licensed contractor(s) who performed the installation with your application.
- You shouldn’t have any outstanding debts or taxes owe to the City of Toronto at the time of your application.
- The rates / subsidies are issued on a first-come, first-serve basis and it doesn’t guarantee a rebate / subsidy, which is subject to annual funding approved by City Council.
APPLYING FOR THE REBATE / SUBSIDY PROGRAM
Here are the steps to applying for the installation of a backwater valve and sump pump:
- Apply for a Building Permit to install a backwater valve.
- Complete and sign the Consent to Enter Form and include it with the Building Permit application.
- Complete the Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy Program application form.
- Include all original invoices with your application that shows an itemized cost breakdown of all work applicable to the subsidy and must be marked paid in full.
- Mail the completed application form with the required documentation to Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy Program, City of Toronto, PO Box 15266 STN B RM B, Toronto, ON M7Y 2W1.
- Your application will be reviewed and determined if you’re eligible for a subsidy. All documents will be returned if the application is incomplete or you haven’t provided the proper documentation. You’ll be notified by email if your application is denied.